Thursday, March 28, 2019

College Life Essay -- Personal Narratives Education Essays

College Life A in the buff experience, a change from the norm, discovering out for myself, and living on my own for me this is college. The transition of high school student to college seemed immensely overwhelming and even a bit scary. The sideslip opened a can of worms and created challenges, both good and bad, behind every(prenominal) corner. Due to the change of scene, I am now dealing with the popular acceptance of the greater world around me the town, the people and my new life. commencement the last day that I would unwillingly set foot on the fields of Horizon High School. I could feel my heart overcome out of my chest, and tried so hard to keep my feet moving one after the other in order to maintain my perfect stature. subsequently the two hour wait of opening speeches, class songs, and the calling despatch of the five hundred plus names that were in front of me, it was at long last my turn. As my row stood up and we walked towards the stage it had se t in at last, this is it, I am done. My high school career ended on that night, but it didnt close the book that is my life, it only started a new chapter, and with it came a whole slue of uncertainties. I had to ask myself, Whats succeeding(prenominal)? The only thing that I could think of was the await of my life, and college would start the rest of my life. With college organism this important I knew that every decision that I make would affect my life in some way, and this did anything but calm my nerves. I then had the next three months to prepare for this step in my life. in one case again I was a little rattled by this notion. So for the summer I prepared whenever I got a chance. I picked up bedding and storage, my roommate and I made for sure that we had all of the infallible appliances (i.e. refrigerator, TV... ...t the strange thing was that it wasnt my cocoon of a home that I missed. I had created a new life in the few all of a sudden weeks that I had lived in Flagstaff. I found a family in the friends that I made, and wanted to see them again, ask them about their weekends and simply make sure that everything that I made was still there. My fears although real and still there, be it to a lower place the surface, are truly leaving. I never thought that I could feel safe and comfortable outside of the nice cushy box that I made for my self in the previous chapter of my life, but I stepped out. I ventured farther than anyone else in my family ever had gone. I have conquered my anxiety, or at least pushed it back for a while. I have faced my challenges of being out on my own, and maybe even created a few more(prenominal) that I cannot see yet on the horizon, but for now I am making it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment