Thursday, July 18, 2019

Individual Analysis Essay

Individual summary PaperThere atomic proceeds 18 m whatsoever a nonher(prenominal) factors that influence and guide the registered care for (RN) in her day-after-day breast feeding formula. These factors take on articulate laws, jobal requirements and responsibilities, and personal belief systems and values. every last(predicate) factors work together to provide competent, safe, and flavor precaution for society as a whole. It is lively that the RN possess some(prenominal) awareness and intellect of the important utilization these factors play in his or her quotidian practice. The Scope of nurse usageThe Ameri female genitalia Nurses Association (ANA) defines the Scope of treat institutionalise as, the description of the who, what, where, when, why, and how of treat practice that citationes the die hard of nursing practice activities common to every last(predicate)(a) registered nurses (2010, p. 67). The case-by-case RNs stop level, knowledge base, employ ment position, and affected role existence from individu solelyy one(prenominal) determine the range to which he or she is able to work inwardly the scope of practice (ANA, 2010).Effectively operative at bottom the full scope of practice requires the RN to be able to cope solely physical, cordial, spiritual, and emotional needs from gateway to discharge by means of persevering advocacy, individualized teaching, treatment planning, and utilization of family and social support systems (Oelke, Besner, Doran, McGillis-H solely, & Giovanetti, 2008). Working on a behavioral services unit onlyows me to whole address the full range of tolerant needs on a fooling basis. I collaborate with mental wellness professionals to address psychological needs, medical checkup doctors to misrepresent and treat physical conditions, social workers to al bunch with housing and family issues, and pastoral mis large(p) to address the patients spiritual matters. I see that issues of mi nd, body, and spirit must be equally addressed for complete patient plow. Legal RegulationsThe Ohio Revised Code sets the juristic standards by means of which a nurse is permitted to practice. Nursing laws are mandatory rules of behavior, and when broken can result in punishment, or as yet the loss of the RNs nursing license. The Ohio Board of Nursing is responsible for the licensing all nurses, as well as for ensuring that all nursing standards are maintained. As an RN it is vital that I understand the efficacious limits to my nursing practice. For example, I cannot legally rate medications, but I becomethe chest to administer medications under the supervision of a licensed physician. Always practicing within these specify limits assures safe patient care, nursing competence, and justification of the RNs license. The Development of PracticeThe Code of Ethics for Nurses was developed as a guide for carrying out all nursing responsibilities in a means consistent with lin eament nursing care and the ethical obligations of the profession (Fowler, 2010). I volition be discussing provisions seven, viii, and nine of the nursing code of ethics. Provision seven requires nurses to work to the promotion of the profession through exponentiation in the workplace, the maintaining of professional standards, and the participation in academic activities (Fowler, 2010). As an RN I work not contributed to the promotion of the profession through workplace involvement. I give up had numerous opportunities to join work relate committees, mentoring programs, or participate in the orientation of new RNs.Until now have refused based on the fact I am enrolled in school. I was latterly approached by my nurse manager and asked to help orient a new bod of RNs. I accepted the argufy and will start the orientation extremity in late September. Provision eight necessitates that all nurses work inter-professionally with other wellness care professionals, as well as wit h the community, to meet all health care needs on a municipal, federal, and world-wide level (Fowler, 2010). Nurses must possess an understand of both global health issues, as well as community health concerns. Working on a behavioral services unit, means that I a great deal deal with the homeless or tribute living populations of my city. As nurse I know that this patient population is to a greater extent susceptible to preventable communicable diseases. I work hard to encourage any patients who either homeless or last in local shelters to take utility of the hospitals flu and pneumonia vaccines.My effort in this arena helps maintain public and personal health, as well as prevent the penetrate of communicable diseases. Provision nine dictates that the wide nursing profession and all of its associations are accountable for up prop the integrity of the profession, the promotion of nursing values, and influencing social course of action (Fowler, 2010). It is vital that all nu rses hold themselves, their confederates, and other healthcare professionals to the utmost level of integrity and professionalism. I must admit that this I bring forth this provision to be the most challenge for me professionally. I have no caper holding myself to the upliftedest professional standards, but have a hard time holding my peers to the same standard of care. Recently, a peer chose not to medically address a patients incredibly high blood pressing. She reported to me that it was merely a side effect of the patients agitation, and assured me the high blood pressure was being controlled with an antipsychotic. I could not reckon what I was hearing, and immediately called a medical doctor for help. In retrospect I should have had the courage to both bide my peers lack of concern, as well as report her force out for the patients well-being. philosophical Beliefs school of thought is defined as, the intense and critical interrogative of beliefs and assumptions (Burkh ardt & Nathaniel, 2008, p. 27). Philosophy can be elevate divided into the philosophy of knowledge and the philosophy of practice (Burkhardt & Nathaniel, 2008). The philosophy of knowledge concerns suppositions regarding up functionness and disagreement, and the philosophy of practice concerns suppositions regarding behaviors and object lessons (Burkhardt & Nathaniel, 2008). Philosophical beliefs can affect they type of care that the patient eventually receives.If the nurse is not able to see the patient as an autonomous individual, care will ultimately be substandard. Part of my work as a psychiatric RN is lot patients deal with drug and alcohol dependance issues. Over the course of my nursing occupational group I have helped hundreds of patients go through drug detoxification. Because my department deals with a lot of recidivism, it is very easy for a nurse in my role assume that all drug addicted patients are causeless in maintaining sobriety. I must perpetually be on gu ard against evolution a jaded attitude closely my patients chances for maintaining his or her sobriety. If I assume the patient is not act to his or her sobriety I whitethorn give end up giving substandard care. Before the start of each shift I remind myself that each patient is an individual, and must not be judged based on my proclaim assumptions or personal experiences. How Ethics Influence Nursing PracticeEthics is a moral philosophy, a deliberate opinion of right and wrong (Naman, Nystrom, & Eriksson, 2012). Two ethical theories cerebrate to nursingare utilitarianism and deontology. The theory of utilitarianism believes that all ethical decisions should be based on the greatest benefit to the greatest number of people, and theory of deontology believes that all ethical decisions should be based on what is best for the individual person (Burkhardt & Nathaniel, 2008). Nursing values include kindness, truthfulness, fairness, discretion, independence, loyalty, and nonmaleficen ce (Burkhardt & Nathaniel, 2008). The RNs understanding of her own personal values is required for the saving of tone care, because the art of caring manifests itself as a personal value (Nasman, Nystrom, & Eriksson, 2012).As a psychiatric RN on an acute behavioral unit I frequently care for the underserved population of my community. just about of my patients have a history of fury against peers, are uninsured, homeless, or abused. Caring for this grumpy section of society can be challenging to say the least. It is necessary that I as the RN approach each patient as an individual merit of kindness, patience, and honesty. This approach treats each patient with the rate and dignity he or she deserves. On several occasions my patients have told me that I cared for them better than their own parents. I believe that all patients are entitled to the highest quality of care regardless of their current psychosocial standing. many an(prenominal) factors play a role in the individual nurses daily practice and quality of care. It is vital that the RN professionally act within the legal standards and limitations set by forth by state laws. The RN must eer strive to work fully within his or her scope of practice. Individual understanding of the code of ethics is vestigial in maintaining the integrity of the profession for all nurses. sentiency and self-assessment of the RNs personal philosophical beliefs and value system are fundamental in providing quality care to all patients. When the RN has an understanding of all of these factors, quality patient care is assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment